Application Performance Monitoring for Open Source S/Ws.
SCOUTER is an open source APM like new relic and appdynamics.
(APM means application performance monitoring or application performance management.)
Monitoring targets (from scouter agent)
- Java Agent : Web application (on Tomcat, JBoss, Resin ...), Standalone java application
- Host Agent : Linux, Windows, Unix
Monitoring targets (from Telegraf support) Since @2.0.0
- Redis, nginX, apache httpd, haproxy, Kafka, MySQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, Kube, Mesos ...
Monitoring targets (from Zipkin-Scouter storage) Since @2.5.0
Users use application services on a system and the services use resources on the system.
You should understand this context in order to manage the system performance efficiently.
SCOUTER can help you.
- Metrics about users : Active user, Recently used user, Today visitor
- Metrics about services : Active service, TPS, Response time, Application profiles(method profile, sql profile, external call profile...)
- Metrics about resources : Cpu, Memory, Network and Heap usage, Connection pools etc.
At a glance(Click to watch the video)
Agent : gather performance information and send to the server
Java Agent (JVM Agent) : gathering profiles and performance metrics of JVM & Web application server(eg. Tomcat)...
Host Agent (OS Agent) : gathering performance metrics of Linux, Windows and OSX...
MariaDB Agent : [to be announced]
Server (Collector) : save the performance metrics from scouter agents or telegraf. The data is streamed to scouter client.
Client (Viewer) : client program based on RCP. (not support OSX Big Sur.)
Web API (Since @1.8.0) : scouter web apis to get counters, XLogs, profiles and another performance metrics via HTTP protocol.
How to contribute
Notice : Pull request to develop branch only allowed.
- Refer to the development guide below.
- Please note that you will have to complete a CLA for your first pull-request.
Blogging & Posts
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0