SkyWalking: an APM(application performance monitor) system, especially designed for
microservices, cloud native and container-based architectures.
SkyWalking is an open source APM system, including monitoring, tracing, diagnosing capabilities for distributed system
in Cloud Native architecture.
The core features are following.
- Service, service instance, endpoint metrics analysis
- Root cause analysis. Profile the code on the runtime
- Service topology map analysis
- Service, service instance and endpoint dependency analysis
- Slow services and endpoints detected
- Performance optimization
- Distributed tracing and context propagation
- Database access metrics. Detect slow database access statements(including SQL statements)
- Browser performance monitoring
- Infrastructure(VM, network, disk etc.) monitoring
- Collaboration across metrics, traces, and logs
SkyWalking supports to collect telemetry (metrics, traces, and logs) data from multiple sources
and multiple formats,
- Java, .NET Core, NodeJS, PHP, and Python auto-instrument agents.
- Go and C++ SDKs.
- LUA agent especially for Nginx, OpenResty and Apache APISIX.
- Browser agent.
- Service Mesh Observability. Control panel and data panel.
- Metrics system, including Prometheus, OpenTelemetry, Spring Sleuth(Micrometer), Zabbix.
- Zipkin v1/v2 trace.(No Analysis)
SkyWalking OAP is using the STAM(Streaming Topology Analysis Method) to analysis topology in the tracing based agent scenario
for better performance. Read the paper of STAM for more details.
- Official documentation
The paper of STAM, Streaming Topology Analysis Method.
Blog about Use Profiling to Fix the Blind Spot of Distributed Tracing
Blog about observing Istio + Envoy service mesh with ALS solution.
Blog about observing Istio + Envoy service mesh with ALS Metadata-Exchange mechanism (in VMs and / or Kubernetes).
NOTICE, SkyWalking 8.0+ uses v3 protocols. They are incompatible with previous releases.
Please head to the releases page to download a release of Apache SkyWalking.
Follow this document.
Code of conduct
This project adheres to the Contributor Covenant code of conduct. By participating, you are expected to uphold this code.
Please follow the REPORTING GUIDELINES to report unacceptable behavior.
Find the demo and screenshots on our website.
Video on youtube.com
Hundreds of companies and organizations use SkyWalking for research, production, and commercial product.
Visit our website to find the user page.
SkyWalking enriches the CNCF CLOUD NATIVE Landscape.
Our project enriches the OpenAPM Landscape!
Apache 2.0 License.