sleek is a todo app based on todo.txt, free and open-source. Available for Linux, Windows and MacOS
sleek is an open-source todo app that makes use of the todo.txt format. sleeks GUI is modern and simple but still offers a decent set of functions which help users getting things done. sleek is available as a client for Windows, MacOS and Linux.
Users can add contexts, projects, priorities, due dates or recurrences to their todos. These todo.txt attributes can then be used in full-text search, as filters or to group and sort the todo list.
sleek manages and watches multiple todo.txt files continuously for changes, which makes it easy to integrate sleek with other todo.txt apps. Also users can switch to dark mode and choose from multiple languages.
Todos with due date or repeating todos will trigger notifications and completed todos can be hidden or archived into separate done.txt files. If users have tons of todos, a compact view can come in handy.
Get sleek from Microsoft Store
You can install sleek from Microsofts Windows Store
Get sleek from Snap Store
You can install sleek from Canonicals Snap Store using:
sudo snap install sleek
Get sleek from Flathub
Install sleek from Flathub using:
flatpak install flathub com.github.ransome1.sleek
Run it using:
flatpak run com.github.ransome1.sleek
Get sleek from Arch User Repository
Install sleek from AUR.
- Setup Yay
yay -S sleek
You can download sleek for Windows, MacOS and Linux from
Build sleek from source code
- Setup Git, node.js and yarn.
- Clone sleek
git clone https://github.com/ransome1/sleek.git and cd into sleeks directory
- Install dependencies
yarn install --production
- Build sleek
yarn build:windows or
yarn build:linux or
sleeks state of development
A prioritized backlog of new features and known issues can be found here.
- An existing todo.txt file can be used or a new one can be created
- Todos can be enriched and searched for by
- due dates
- start dates
- Todo-List can be grouped and sorted by priorities, due dates, contexts or projects
- Todos can be filtered by contexts, projects and priorities
- Todos can be looked up by full-text search
- Autocomplete function suggests available contexts and projects
- Keyboard shortcuts following todotxt.net
- Tabindex available
- A todo can be hidden but its attributes will be available in the filter drawer and autocomplete function
- Alarms will be shown when a todo is due tomorrow or today
- Dark and light mode can be toggled
- A compact view is available
- Completed todos can be bulk archived to a separate done.txt ([name of todo file]_done.txt) file
- Completed todos can be shown or hidden
- Multi line todos can be created
- Filters can be renamed or deleted by right clicking on them
- Filters are sorted alphanummerically
- Hyperlinks are detected automatically and can be clicked using the icon
- A file watcher rereads the todo.txt file if it has been changed
- Multiple todo.txt files can be managed
- Multiple languages are either detected or can be set by hand to
- Simplified Chinese
- Brazilian Portugese
- sleek can be minimized to tray
- Existing todos can be used as templates for new ones