This is an old project, when I made it in 2014 I was tried use some possibilities about HTML/CSS and I loved the result. So I know a lot of people that used these components in production projects (I've used a lot of times).
But the things changed in the nexts years and there are better choices to made these components.
So I just maintain this project as an experimental thing and I probability won't make changes anymore.
But you is free to use it as you want 😁❤️
View the project
Install via Bower or
download the zip
bower install css-components
|Mac OS X
* CSS3 transitions are not supported in IE8 and below.
** Janky z-index. See tooltip on right example.
- Most tests performed with Browserstack.
- Components that perform action on hover may not work on touchscreens eg. dropdown with hover. Oddly tooltip does work. Bootstrap mentions this, “Sticky :hover/:focus on mobile.
Even though real hovering isn't possible on most touchscreens, most mobile browsers emulate hovering support and make :hover ‘sticky’. In other words, :hover styles start applying after tapping an element and only stop applying after the user taps some other element.”
- The components do not fail gracefully. In most cases some elements are visible but interaction will not have any effect. The carousel component won't show anything.
- Some layout issues with tab when wrapping on smaller screen sizes.
- Weird flash when carousel loops around to first slide.
Please read this Coding Style for Issues, pull requests and coding standards.
All changes must be made in
/dev folder. The CSS should be modified using the Stylus preprocessor.
# 1. Fork this repository and clone it into the current directory
git clone https://github.com/<your-username>/css-components.git
# 2. Navigate to the newly cloned directory
# 3. Install the dependencies
# For start the server, watching your .styl files changes and compile CSS
# Compress zip files
# Build the project for deploy
# View your project release in GhPages
# Open your Pull Request
MIT License © Felipe Fialho