markdeck - presentations as code
author cool slide decks, text-only, offline-ready, collaborative
- converts markdown to a clean html5 slide deck
- cool looking: based on battle-proven web frameworks, like reveal.js
- no uplink required, neither when authoring, nor presenting:
no awkward moments during presentation (no "I am still waiting for the Internet, sorry!")
- all batteries included: live renderer, pdf output, asciiart-converter
- text-only, easy syntax: just markdown
- fast-n-easy to write: bring your own editor!
- easy to collaborate-n-reuse: text-only, so bring your own VCS
- eye-candy: supports unicode, emojis, fontawesome, asciiart, math, charts, code highlighting,
recorded terminal sessions, ...
- self-documenting documentation slides:
see the slide source and the result, side-by-side
You can also visit the shiny landing page, the
revealjs showcase, or the
install markdeck, tl;dr
docker-compose, then run the following commands:
curl -LO https://raw.githubusercontent.com/arnehilmann/markdeck/master/markdeck
chmod a+x markdeck
markdeck script can be stored in a folder in
$PATH so that it
can be executed from everywhere in the file system.
... can be found in DOCUMENTATION.md
how to start from scratch
Run the following command to create an empty presentation (if markdeck
is not stored in
$PATH prefix the command with
Run the following command to start markdeck:
Open the browser at
edit slides.md, add assets/, consult documentation, ...
how does this work
slide-*.md files in markdown format
and the assets subdir
and renders a html5 slidedeck, using pandoc as converter
and reveal.js as the presenter framework.
to get an idea how markdeck works and looks like, or have a look
at the documentation.
- custom layout hard, but possible
- pixel-perfect layout nearly impossible
- see the todos