Pixelorama - your free and open-source sprite editor!
Made by Orama Interactive with the Godot Engine, written in GDScript!
Make sure to visit our website for more information! https://www.orama-interactive.com
Join our Discord community server where we can discuss about Pixelorama and all our other projects! https://discord.gg/GTMtr8s
If you like, consider helping us by sponsoring this project! It would enable us to focus more on Pixelorama, and make more projects in the future!
Support us on:
You can also find early access builds in the GitHub Actions page. There's also a Web version available.
Keep in mind that these versions will have bugs and are unstable. Unless you're interested in testing the main branch of Pixelorama, it's recommended that you stick to a stable version.
You can find Online Documentation for Pixelorama here: https://orama-interactive.github.io/Pixelorama-Docs
It's still work in progress so there are some pages missing. If you want to contribute, you can do so in Pixelorama-Docs' GitHub Repository.
Pixelorama uses Godot 3.3, so you will need to have it in order to run the project.
As of right now, most of the code is written using GDScript, so the mono version of Godot is not required, but Pixelorama should also work with it.
Current features as of version v0.9:
- 16 different tools to help you draw, which you can map to both of your left and right mouse buttons.
- Are you an animator? Pixelorama has its own animation timeline just for you! You can work at an individual cel level, where each cel refers to a unique layer and frame. Supports onion skinning, cel linking, motion drawing and frame grouping with tags.
- Different tool options for each of the mouse buttons.
- Custom brushes, including random brushes.
- Create or import custom palettes.
- Pattern filling! Use the bucket tool to fill out an area with a pattern of your choosing.
- Import images and edit them inside Pixelorama. If you import multiple files, they will be added as individual animation frames. Importing spritesheets is also supported.
- Export your gorgeous art as
GIF files. Exporting your projects as spritesheets is also possible.
- Pixel perfect mode for perfect lines, for the pencil, eraser & lighten/darken tools.
- Autosave support, with data recovery in case of a software crash.
- Horizontal & vertical mirrored drawing.
- Tile Mode for pattern creation.
- Rulers and guides.
- Rectangular & isometric grid types.
- Scale, crop, rotate, flip, color invert, HSV-adjust, desaturate and generate outlines and gradients in your images!
- Multi-language localization support! See our Crowdin page for more details.
Special thanks to