Advanced Locomotion System Community
Replicated and optimized community version of Advanced Locomotion System V4 for Unreal Engine 4.26 with additional bug fixes.
Mac, Android, IOS, and console builds are not tested and supported at the moment. Use the plugin on those platforms with your own risk.
- Based on latest marketplace release (V4) of Advanced Locomotion System
- Fully implemented in C++
- Full replication support with low bandwidth usage
- Plugin structure
- Highly optimized for production
- Mantling and debugging features are implemented as a separate plug-in/plug-out type actor component to reduce total overhead on base character class
- Improved footstep behavior with Niagara particle & decal support.
- Lots of bug fixes additional to marketplace version
Known Issues & Discussion
- See Issues section for list of known issues
- See Discussions section to discuss anything about the plugin, and ask questions. Please do not open an issue for questions.
Setting Up The Plugin
- C++ project is a requirement. BP projects are currently not supported.
- Clone the repository inside your project's
Plugins folder, or download the latest release and extract it into your project's
Config/DefaultInput.ini from the plugin folder inside your project's config folder. If your project already have this .ini file, merge it into yours.
- Regenerate visual studio project files and build your project.
- Launch the project, and enable plugin content viewer as seen below. This will show contents of the plugin in your content browser:
Functions To Override In Blueprints
- There are a few functions you will need to override in blueprints. You will also need to update these functions for every new overlay state you add. These are commented in the C++ code, but are listed here for quick reference as well.
- In your player character blueprint: GetGetUpAnimation & GetRollAnimation
- In the MantleComponent: GetMantleAsset
License & Contribution
Source code of the plugin is licensed under MIT license, and other developers are encouraged to fork the repository, open issues & pull requests to help the development.