Hi there! Thanks for visiting!
This is my personal configuration for my favorite openbox window manager and some applications too.
I hope you understand everything here. 😉
- To change the overall theme (mechanical-eyecandy), change it in the "Visual Mode" option in the openbox menu.
- Using normal users, for brightnessctl requires user privileges to be a superuser without the sudo command but using this or udev rules.
- URxvt extension uses urxvt-perls with xclip for copy-paste (Alt-C | Alt-V) and tabbedex for tabs in the terminal (Ctrl-Shift-T | Ctrl-Shift-W | Ctrl-PageUp | Ctrl-PageDown).
- For icons theme I recommend using my Papirus Custom and installing it on /usr/share/icons/ for full compatibility like the icons on dunst, etc.
- After installing the font you need to refresh the font cache using fc-cache -r.
- To run ncmpcpp with album art and ncmpcpp with album art visualizer, just run it in the app launcher like rofi because I have created a desktop shortcut in ~/.local/share/applications/.
- To get the appropriate album art size for ncmpcpp, it is recommended that cover.jpg has a ratio of 1:1 (300px+).
- If there is a configuration that using /home/ryk/ instead of ~, change it according to the location of your home directory.
- If you experience memory leaks or high memory usage with picom, change the picom backend to 'glx' instead of 'xrender'.
- If you want to use zsh as the default shell, here are the steps to install zsh and oh-my-zsh:
sudo pacman -S zsh
sudo apt install zsh
Set as default shell:
chsh -s /usr/bin/zsh
sh -c "$(wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/robbyrussell/oh-my-zsh/master/tools/install.sh -O -)"
|DM & Lockscreen
||SLiM (Blue Sky)
|Sessions Auto Locker
|CLI Sound Control
||NetworkManager + networkmanager_dmenu
|CLI Text Editor
||nano & vim
|CLI File Manager
|CLI Music Player
||mpd + mpc, ncmpcpp
|CLI System Monitor
Credits / Thanks
Licensed under the GPL - see the LICENSE file for details.