openHAB VS Code Extension
openHAB is a vendor and techology agnostic open source automation software for your home. This Visual Studio Code extension allows you to work with openHAB configuration files (like
*.script) thanks to the syntax highlighting, code snippets and integrated search.
The extension is designed with openHAB 2.x in mind - most snippets and design patterns will work in openHAB 2.x
- Syntax highlighting for the openHAB DSL (rules, items, scripts and sitemaps).
- Code snippets for openHAB, including Design Patterns by Rich Koshak
- Integrated quick search of openHAB Community
- Integrated Basic UI browser window (
Ctrl + Alt + O or editor title icon)
- Integrated Paper UI preview for the Items and Things
- Integration with openHAB REST API
- List of all Items accessible from the tree view
- Code completions
- Language Server Protocol support - syntax validation
- Dynamic Items creation from Thing's channels
- Quick openHAB console access
- Add Items to Sitemap with one click
- Get live Item states while hovering over item names in the Editor
- Show human readable
Thread::sleep() times while hovering
Learn more about the configuration options in our documentation on github.
Things Explorer demo
Sitemap Insert demo
Check out existing issues in the repository.
See CHANGELOG.md file for the details.
Everyone is invited to improve this extension.
Check out the extension code in our GitHub repository.
See Contributing.md file for further technical and formal details for contributing something to the openHAB project.
For More Information