EasyList / EasyPrivacy / Fanboy Lists
These lists are maintained by Fanboy, MonztA, and Khrin.
The goal of this repository is to block ads on English and International sites. By blocking the following:
- Ad scripts (Generic and site-specific)
- Cosmetic filtering (Generic and site-specific css)
- Ad servers (Block servers that host ads/ad-related contents)
- Prevent popups/popunders (Block scripts or domains that cause popups/popunders/ad notifications)
Anti-adblock in Easylist will cover cosmetic and generic blocks checks:
- Prevent adblock users showing a website
- Create elements to disrupt viewing a website
For legal reasons, Anti-adblock this will only cover:
- Adult websites
- File or Link hosting/sharing
- Streaming/Torrent/Comic sites
- Any historical anti-adblock rules
The goal of this repository is to block tracking and improve end user privacy. By blocking the following:
- Tracking cookies
- Impressions/Event/Perf/Pageview logging
- User agent monitoring
- Resource Miners
- Hit Counters
- CNAME trackers
- Linking to other 3rd-party tracking servers
- Some unnecessary 3rd-party scripts/images
When a site is attempting to track, it'll be put into one of 4 categories.
- Generic blocks (common url/tracking filter patterns) used by 1st/3rd-parties.
- 1st-party tracking. Self hosted trackers and CNAME trackers.
- 3rd-party tracking. Hosted by another provider, which hosts a tracking script, but not actually a tracking company.
- Tracking-servers. Where the server has only one purpose to track/analyze user, will be blocked at the url level.
Filter issues can be raised via Email, via Forum, or via Github. Accountability & responsibility remain with the list authors and not with extensions and/or web browsers.
Attempt fix website false-positives where applicable such as:
- Website Breakages
- Allow direct link fixes.
- Web page rendering issues
For any issues or questions, create a ticket: Github.
EasyList, EasyPrivacy, and Fanboy lists are used in a number of extensions and browsers such as Adblock Plus, uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adguard, Brave, Opera, Vivaldi.