Restish is a CLI for interacting with REST-ish HTTP APIs with some nice features built-in, like always having the latest API resources, fields, and operations available when they go live on the API without needing to install or update anything.
See the user guide to get started.
- HTTP/2 (RFC 7540) with TLS by default with fallback to HTTP/1.1
- Generic head/get/post/put/patch/delete verbs like
curl or HTTPie
- Generated commands for CLI operations, e.g.
restish my-api list-users
- Automatically discovers API descriptions
- Supported formats
- Automatic configuration of API auth if advertised by the API
- Automatic pagination of resource collections via RFC 5988
next hypermedia links
- API endpoint-based auth built-in with support for profiles:
- HTTP Basic
- API key via header or query param
- OAuth2 client credentials flow (machine-to-machine, RFC 6749)
- OAuth2 authorization code (with PKCE RFC 7636) flow
- Content negotiation, decoding & unmarshalling built-in:
- Standardized hypermedia parsing into queryable/followable response links:
- Local caching that respects RFC 7234
- CLI shorthand for structured data input (e.g. for JSON)
JMESPath Plus response filtering & projection
- Colorized prettified readable output
- Fast native zero-dependency binary
This project started life as a fork of OpenAPI CLI Generator.