TWiLight Menu++ is an open-source DSi Menu upgrade/replacement for the Nintendo DSi, the Nintendo 3DS, and Nintendo DS flashcards.
It can launch Nintendo DS, SNES, NES, GameBoy (Color), GameBoy Advance, Sega GameGear/Master System & Mega Drive/Genesis ROMs, as well as DSTWO plugins (if you use a DSTWO) and videos.
Compiling this app requires devkitPro's devkitARM, libnds, grit, and mmutil. These can be installed using devkitPro pacman with the following command:
sudo dkp-pacman -S nds-dev
(Note: Command will vary by OS, sudo may not be needed and it may be just
Once you have devkitPro's toolchains installed you can build the entirety of TWiLight Menu++ by simply running
make package in the root of the repository. If you only want to build a specific part of TWiLight Menu++ you can
cd to that folder and run
Once it finishes building, the output files will be in the
7zfile folder following the same directory structure as the official
Using the included Docker image, you can easily compile TWiLight Menu++ without having to manually set up the required version of devkitARM using the provided PowerShell (
The script accepts
make arguments as well. For example,
.\compile_docker.ps1 clean will clean the directories of all the compiled code. If you would like to build all artifacts, run
Please note that Docker compilation is not compatible with native compilation on Windows. You should run
.\compile_docker.ps1 clean to clean the artifacts before attempting to build with Docker. If a notification appears asking you to share your drive, you must choose to enable drive sharing for Docker to work on Windows.
The manual pages are stored in a separate repository and downloaded from a release when building TWiLight Menu++. For more information, see the twilight-manual repository.
You can help translate TWiLight Menu++ on the Crowdin project. If you'd like to request a new language be added then please ask on the Discord server.
RocketRobz: Lead Developer, implementing the auto-reset power button function used in NTR-mode.
chyyran: Porting the akMenu/Wood UI to TWiLight Menu++ & adding the ability to load sub-themes off the SD card for DSi/3DS themes.
Pk11: Adding the ability to load sub-themes off the SD card for the R4 theme, implemented sorting & made manuals use PNG, improved font rendering, providing a custom background for Unlaunch, and various bug fixes.
Graphics & Themes
- IkaMusumeYiyaRoxie: General N64 MIDI Soundfont, used for the title splash fanfare
profi200: Improved SD code from fastboot3DS.
ahezard: NDMA code from nds-bootstrap.
Gericom, TrolleyDave, and FAST6191: GBA SRAM-patching code, used in gbapatcher (SRAM patching thread at GBATemp)
devkitPro: Code used in nds-hb-menu, and the use of the bootloader, devkitARM, libnds, and libfat.
- Another World & Yellow Wood Goblin: The original akMenu/Wood UI.
NightScript: Code cleanup, added functionality for Acekard theme in regards to flashcarts.
SNBeast: Unlaunch patches.
- retrogamefan & Rudolph: Included AP-patches for nds-bootstrap.
- fintogive, RadDude McCoolguy, KazoWAR, Vague Rant, gamemasterplc, RocketRobz & ChampionLeake: Widescreen Cheats.
- Chinese Simplified: Forbidden, James-Makoto, R-YaTian, Yukino Song, 百地 希留耶
- Chinese Traditional: ccccchoho, James-Makoto, Rintim, 奇诺比奥
- Danish: jonata, Nadia Pedersen
- French: Arcky, cooolgamer, Dhalian., maximesharp, Ghost0159, Léo, LinuxCat, Martinez, NightScript, TM-47
- German: ariebe9115, Christian Schuhmann, Dubsenbert Reaches, İlke Hür Eyiol, Julian, Kazuto, malekairmaroc7, Oleh Hatsenko, SkilLP, SuperSaiyajinStackZ, Tcm0, TM-47, Uriki
- Hebrew: Barawer, Yaniv
- Hungarian: Viktor Varga, ハトヴィング -- ハット
- Italian: Leonardo Ledda, TM-47, xavimel
- Japanese: Chromaryu, Pk11, rinrinrin2002, Rintim, Ronny Chan, Uriki
- Korean: I'm Not Cry, Myebyeol_NOTE, Oleh Hatsenko, 그그기그
- Norwegian: Nullified Block
- Polish: Mateusz Tobiasz, RedstonekPL
- Portuguese: bruwyvn, Christopher Rodrigues, Gabz Almeida, jim, joyrv, leteka 1234, Rodrigo Tavares, Tiago Silva, Wodson de Andrade, Wodson de Andrade, Zak
- Russian: Alexey Barsukov, Ckau, manwithnoface, mbhz
- Spanish: Adrin Ramen, Adrian Rodriguez, Allinxter, ccccmark, dimateos, KplyAsteroid, mschifino, Nicolás Herrera Concha, nuxa17, SofyUchiha, TM-47, Uriki, XxPhoenix1996xX
- Swedish: Max Hambraeus, Nullified Block, TM-47, Victor Ahlin, Walter Lindell
- Turkish: İlke Hür Eyiol, Yağmur Celep
- Ukrainian: Oleh Hatsenko, TM-47