Open Source Python POS and Accounting Software
- This software is written using Python 3 and powered by MySQL.
- It has so far been tested on Linux.
Point of Sale
- Functionality to query and add products by Barcode Number, Name and Code Name.
- Associate customer with each sale and purchase using their unique contact mobile phone number.
- Apply discount of individual products and the entire sale.
- Sale with cash (full payment), cheque (credit sale), purchase and return both sales and purchase.
- Update cash collected/paid against credit sales/purchase with cheque numbers.
- Make automated General Journal Entries with each sale, purchase and returns of both. These entries are made in Sale, Purchase, Cash, Accounts Recievable and Accounts Payable of Individual Customers.
- Make manual General Journal Entries
- Edit existing entries
- Display accounts of each Head of Account
- Maintain Accounts Recievable and Payable of each customer
- Create Control Account
- Create Income Statement
- All accounts mentioned above can be viewed for any date range
- Add ERP functionality to control access rights of employees
- Add Depreciation and Inventory Valuation
- Include BI Dashboard
Development and Technicalities
I have built this software using Python3. It uses PyMySQL
To understand the design start following the code starting from mainInterface.py