Tinodios: Tinode Messaging Client for iOS
iOS client for Tinode in Swift.
Status: beta. Usable and mostly stable but bugs may happen.
- Register new accounts.
- Start new chats.
- Edit personal details.
- Edit chat parameters.
- View the list of active chats
- Send and receive plain text messages one-on-one or in group chats.
- In-app presence notifications.
- Unread message counters.
- Local data persistence.
- Transport Level Security - https/wss.
- Drafty: Markdown-style formatting of text, e.g. *style* → style.
- Viewing attachments and inline images.
- Delivery and received/read indicators for messages (little check marks in messages).
- Muting/un-muting conversations and other permission management.
- Invite contacts to the app by SMS or email.
- Push notifications.
- Attachments and inline images.
Not Done Yet
- Previews not generated for videos, audio, links or docs.
- Typing indicators.
- No support for switching between multiple backends.
- Mentions, hashtags.
- Replying or forwarding messages.
- End-to-End encryption.
If you want to use the app with your own server and want push notification to work you have to set them up:
- Register at https://firebase.google.com/, set up the project if you have not done so already.
Download your own config file
GoogleService-Info.plist and place it in the
Tinodios/ folder of your copy of the project. The config file contains keys specific to your Firebase/FCM registration.
- Copy Google-provided server key to
tinode.conf, see details here.
The app is currently available in the following languages:
- English (default)
- Chinese (simplified)
- Chinese (traditional)
More translations are welcome. See instructions.