Turn Video & GIF Files, Emulators, HTML, Web address & Shaders, Games into Windows desktop wallpaper; Wallpapers will completely pause playback( 0% cpu & gpu usage) when fullscreen application/games are running.
Just drag & drop files, webpages to set as wallpaper..
Lively is still in development, if you encounter bugs create a github Issue along with log file
Help translate lively to other languages: Translation Files
Wait a sec, preview gif clips take some time to load.
Eternal Light by VISUALDON
- Powered by mpv and vlc player.
- Customize videos with filters.
- Hardware Acceleration support.
25th Hour by Loius Coyle
- Load HTML file or web address as wallpaper.
- Audio Reactive Wallpaper support, create wallpapers that react to system audio
- Customisation support, documentation.
- Just drag & drop stream links.
- Video quality is adjustable in settings.
Heartfelt by BigWIngs
- Run GLSL shaders in browser.
- Shadertoy.com urls are supported as wallpaper.
- Make Memes/Cinemagraphs as wallpaper ...
Retro Game Emulators
Games & Applications
- Can set Unity, Godot games and any application as wallpaper.
- Dynamic audio visualisers, 3D scenes..
- Easy to use, Just drag'n'drop media files & webpages into lively window to set it as wallpaper.
- Hardware accelerated video playback, powered by mpv player.
- Interactive webgl wallpapers, powered by lightweight chromium engine Cef.
- Windows 10 fluent design, lively appearance adapts to system theme settings.
- Efficient, its a native .net core application.
- Fully opensource & free; no blackmagic, no features behind paywall.
- Wallpaper playback pauses when fullscreen application/games run on the machine (~0% cpu, gpu usage).
- Set wallpaper playback rules based on running foreground application.
Multiple monitor support:
- Full Multiple monitor support.
- Span single wallpaper across all screens.
- Duplicate same wallpaper all screens.
- Different wallpaper per screens.
I'm not officially affiliated with Unity technologies, godot, shadertoy;
Latest version: v184.108.40.206 (Windows 10 1903 or above)
Installer will give Smartscreen warning, discussion.
Which version do I download?
See github issues.
Code contributions are welcome, check guidelines for instructions.
Help translate lively to other languages.
You can always help development by buying me a cup of coffee(paypal):
Lively v1.0 onwards is licensed under GPL-3.
Previous version is licensed under MS-PL, see v0.9.6.0 branch for working builds.