A browser bookmark manager optimized for capture and retrieval speed.
- Extract page title and url into a short markdown snippet.
- One-click to insert the snippet to
README.md hosted on GitHub.
- Add new tags or reuse the ones from previous snippets.
- Instant search from snippets with the "find on page" utility built into browsers.
My memo since 2018
Connect to GitHub
- When you active the extension from browser toolbar for the 1st time, click the button to connect to GitHub.
- Provide your GitHub username and repo.
- If you don't have a repo yet, it's easiest to create from the template.
- You can set the visibility of your repo to either Public or Private. The extension works in both cases.
Create a new personal access token for the extension to add content on behalf of you. Make sure you select the
README.md as the storage filename. Other filenames work too but GitHub will not automatically render it as the home page for your repo.
- Click Connect and make sure you get a success message.
- Now navigate to any page and re-open the extension. You will be able to save new content.
My current focus is to bring the entire osmos::craft project online. Until then, I have no bandwidth for new feature requests or PRs. However, issues and bug reports are always welcome. I'll keep track of issues and address them once I have more time. Thank your for being patient.
How to open the extension with keyboard shortcut?
By the default, Alt+Shift+D opens the extension. You can customize it with browser extensions settings.
- Chrome: visit
- Edge: visit
- Firefox: visit
about:addons as shown in this video.
osmos::memo is part of the osmos::craft ecosystem. If you enjoy this tool, you might also like:
osmos::feed: A web-based RSS reader running entirely from your GitHub repo.
osmos::note: A web-based text editor for networked note-taking, self-hostable on any Git repository.