CNN 3D Images using Tensorflow
Goal: MRI classification task using CNN (Convolutional Neural Network)
Code Dependency: Tensorflow 1.0, Anaconda 4.3.8, Python 2.7
Difficulty in learning a model from 3D medical images
- Data size is too big. e.g., 218x182x218 or 256x256x40
- There is only limited number of data. In other words, training size is too small.
- All image looks very similar and only have subtle difference between subjects.
- Be equipped with good machine especially the RAM
- Downsample images in the preprocessing
- Data augmentation e.g., rotate, shift, combination
- Transfer learning