LogESP (c) 2018 Dan Persons | MIT License
Asset Management Documentation
Risk Management Documentation
LogESP is a SIEM (Security Information and Event Management system) written in Python Django. It features a web frontend, and handles log management and forensics, risk management, and asset management.
LogESP was designed and built as a security application, and minimalism can be good for security.
- LogESP is built on the Python Django framework.
- LogESP does not require credentials, or installation of its software, on log sources. Event forwarding is left entirely up to syslog daemons.
- The LogESP web interface uses no client-side scripting.
The LogESP risk management system is based on NIST risk assessment guidelines, and the SIEM and forensics apps are designed to support the NIST incident response and forensics guidelines.
LogESP embraces the Unix design philosophy. It is designed to be as simple as possible, in order to be easy to understand, use, maintain, and extend.
LogESP includes a few different applications:
- SIEM - Security Information and Event Management
- Assets - Asset Management
- Risk - Risk Management