Torrent client with on-demand file downloading as a filesystem.
Report a Bug
About The Project
Distribyted is an alternative torrent client.
It can expose torrent files as a standard FUSE, webDAV or HTTP endpoint and download them on demand, allowing random reads using a fixed amount of disk space.
Distribyted tries to make easier integrations with other applications using torrent files, presenting them as a standard filesystem.
Note that distribyted is in beta version, it is a proof of concept with a lot of bugs.
- Play multimedia files on your favorite video or audio player. These files will be downloaded on demand and only the needed parts.
- Explore TBs of data from public datasets only downloading the parts you need. Use Jupyter Notebooks directly to process or analyze this data.
- Give access to your latest dataset creation just by sharing a magnet link. People will start using your data in seconds.
- Play your ROM backups directly from the torrent file. You can have virtually GBs in games and only downloaded the needed ones.
Check here for further documentation.
Contributions are what make the open-source community such an amazing place to learn, inspire, and create. Any contributions you make are greatly appreciated.
Some areas need more care than others:
- Windows and macOS tests and compatibility. I don't have any easy way to test distribyted on these operating systems.
- Web interface. Web development is not my forte.
- Tutorials. Share with the community your use case!
Distributed under the GPL3 license. See
LICENSE for more information.