Bug Tracker | PERN-TypeScript
Bug tracking app made with PERN + TS
Deployed on Netlify (front-end) & Heroku (back-end)
Node.js - Runtime environment for JS
Express.js - Node.js framework, makes process of building APIs easier & faster
PostgreSQL - Opens-source SQL database to store data
TypeORM - TS-based ORM for mostly SQL-based databases
JSON Web Token - A standard to secure/authenticate HTTP requests
Bcrypt.js - For hashing passwords
Dotenv - To load environment variables from a .env file
- Authentication (login/register w/ username & password)
- CRUD projects, with ability to add members for group work
- CRUD bugs, with title, description & priority
- Project members can add, edit, close & reopen bugs etc.
- Sort projects/bugs by various parameters like priority, recentely closed etc.
- Filter projects/bugs by name/title & other parameters
- CRUD notes, for guiding other members
- Descriptive color indicators for bug priority & status
- Error management with descriptive messages
- Toast notifications for actions: creating projects, removing membes etc.
- Loading spinners for fetching processes
- Dark mode toggle w/ local storage save
- Proper responsive UI for all screens
Create a .env file in server directory and add the following:
PORT = 3005
JWT_SECRET = "Your JWT secret"
Open client/src/backendUrl.js & change "backend" variable to
Run client development server:
Open ormconfig.js & update the local PostgreSQL credentials to match with yours.
To run the migarations, go to server dir & run this command:
npm run typeorm migration:run
Run backend development server:
npm run dev