webMAN MOD - Fork of original webMAN plugin by Deank for Playstation 3
README IS STILL IN PROGRESS, IF YOU SEE ANY ERROR PLEASE TELL ME OR PUSH A COMMIT
webMAN MOD is a homebrew plugin for PlayStation®3 forked from the original webMAN/sMAN by DeanK
with many features added.
The application provides extended services for PS3 console like web server, ftp server, file manager,
netiso, ntfs, gamepad emulation, ps3mapi, tasks automation, memory debugger and more.
Our goal is to create an AIO plugin that includes many of the features available on the PS3 Scene
in an easy and intuitive way. webMAN MOD is the result of the hard work of several users, developers
and artists that collaborated with development, knowledge, resources, feedback & ideas.
Web Commands & General Documentation
Support on all custom firmwares with Cobra feature enabled (ver 4.46-4.88 CEX, DEX & DECR)
Support on REBUG firmware with Cobra feature disabled (ver 4.84.2-4.86.1 CEX, DEX & DECR)
Support on REBUG firmware with Mamba loaded via boot_plugins_nocobra_kernel.txt (ver 4.86.1 CEX & 4.84.2 DEX)
Support on PS3HEN on 4.82-4.84 OFW CEX & DEX and 4.84-4.88 HFW
Support on classic custom firmware with Mamba loaded via IRISMAN (ver 3.41-4.88 CEX, DEX & DECR)
Support on classic custom firmware with Mamba/PRXLoader (ver 3.41-4.88 CEX, DEX & DECR)
Support on classic custom firmware with PRXLoader (ver 3.41-4.88 CEX, DEX & DECR)
All PS3 Models (including all fat, Slim 20xx, 21xx, 25xx, 3xxx & SuperSlims 4xxx) are supported via PS3HEN payload
All PS3 Models capable to downgrade to 3.56 or lower are supported via PS3Xploit Flash Writer (aka PS3Xploit 2.0)
See http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models for compatibility with CFW
sMAN / webMAN vanilla features
- FTP server with remote control functions (shutdown/restart)
- WWW server with remote control functions (shutdown/restart/mount/cpursx/insert/eject/setup)
- Support for loading and browsing of [local] PS3 games in ISO and folder format, DVD videos in ISO format, Blu-ray movies in ISO format, PS1/PS2/PSP games in ISO format with cover display
- NETISO support for network loading and browsing of PS3 games in ISO and folder format, DVD videos in ISO format, Blu-ray movies in ISO format, and PS1 games in ISO format.
- NTFS support for PS3 and PS1 games in ISO format, Blu-ray movies in ISO format and DVD Video in ISO format
- Manual and Dynamic Fan Control and in-game temperature monitoring
- PAD shortcuts (*open include/combos.h for a complete list of shortcuts)
- Keep external USB device alive & Reset USB Bus
- Mount last game or AUTOBOOT.ISO to system startup
- Support direct access to NTFS devices through web & ftp (1.45 / 1.45.11)
- XMB integration XMB proxy (1.46 / 1.46.00)
- Integrated prepNTFS (1.47)
webMAN MOD additional & extended features
Installer & GUIs
- Easy installer/updater with 4 editions: full, lite, standard (rebug) & nonCobra.
- Built-in online updater from XMB menu
- New icons created by Berion & Brunolee
- VSH Menu integration (hold SELECT to show the menu)
- sLaunch GUI integration (hold START or R2+L2 on XMB to show the game menu GUI)
- Coverflow web-GUI (/games.ps3) provides a mobile/desktop friendly GUI for fast selection of games.
- Grid web-GUI (/index.ps3) display games with resizable icons and content can be filtered by type/device/name
- web-GUI for Temperature monitoring: /cpursx.ps3, /cpursx.html & /tempc.html or /tempf.html (gauges)
- 2 GUI Themes: sMAN-like graphical interface & webMAN original theme
- LaunchPad integration (DeViL303's mod to use What's New section to mount games)
- PhotoGUI integration (DeViL303's mod to use Photo albums to mount games)
- XMBM+ integration when grouping of XMB content is disabled (v1.33.03)
- Support for custom XML menu (wm_custom.xml) integrated into webMAN Games menu
- Install packages from any folder using web command: /install.ps3
Localization & Regional settings
- Translated into 23 languages
- Support for change BD/DVD region
- Game listing using localized title in PARAM.SFO
Content organization & information display
- Title ID can be displayed on XMB menu (next to the title or as "info" text)
- Covers are shown using the Title ID found in the file name of the ISO or folder name (JB game).
- Option for display original file name or title name from PARAM.SFO
- Option for display covers as discs, ICON0.PNG or covers from multiMAN, IRISMAN, ManaGunZ repository or in the same folder of the ISO
- Option for online covers display (free service provided by DeViL303)
- Optional Video subfolder to "Bluray™ and DVD" folder (Display RetroXMB videos, videos on USB devices and Data Disc icon)
- Extended system information via /cpursx.ps3 (Title ID, game icon, APP Version, IDPS/PSID, CFW version, last played game, console's run time & number of boots)
- Display of Play time & startup time to SELECT+START and /cpursx.ps3 (Use SELECT+START+R2 to display Game ID, Title, play time and more in-Game info)
- Use "home" path to define default path for /app_home/PS3_GAME on start up and for R2+START (e.g. make "★ app_home/PS3_GAME" start multiMAN, IRISMAN, Rebug Toolbox, etc.)
- Set a "home" application to app_home/PS3_GAME when a game is unmounted or through a combo using the web command /app_home.ps3
- Support for list & launch NPDRM games stored /dev_hdd0/game or GAMEI folder on USB FAT32 & NET host, in addition to ISOs and JB folders
- Support for exclude games by file name & Title ID using wm_ignore.txt
- Display notifications with custom icons & sound
Extended mount of game
- Automatic launch of game when mounted from XMB keeping pressed the X button
- Automatic focus to category column & disc icon based on content type
- Support for multiCD PSXISO games stored as ISO in HDD0 / USB FAT32. Eject/Insert a USB0 device to mount the next CD
- It can mount PSP games stored on exFAT/NTFS/ext2/3/4/NET devices without copy the file to the internal HDD (1.47.27) - Requires prepISO 1.27 or later
- It can mount PS2 Classics games on PS2 Classic Launcher (.BIN.ENC)
- It can mount PSX games with CD sector sizes: 2352, 2048, 2336, 2448, 2328, 2340, 2368
- Automatic CONFIG creation for PS2ISOs and PS2 Classic using config database from ManaGunZ or the database of CONFIG created by the installer
- Automatic patching of black listed PS2 demos (SCED***** & SLED*****)
- Scanning & launch of package files extracted to GAMEI folder on USB FAT32 & NET host. Folders' name can be title_id or content_id
- Support for launch SELF applications via PKG/ROM Launcher or through the XMB icon: ★ app_home/PS3_GAME
- Integrated external gameDATA allows installation of packages & game data on external USB drives
- Integrated prepNTFS allows to scan PS3ISO, PSXISO, BDISO & DVDISO on NTFS devices without need to run prepISO/prepNTFS
- Support for .ntfs[BDFILE] (fake ISO created by IRISMAN or prepISO/prepNTFS) - Used to play AVI/MP4 movies or install large packages stored on NTFS
- Support to mount exFAT/NTFS games using raw_iso.sprx (rawseciso by Estwald) - Supports fake ISO
- Option to mount ISO also in app_home/PS3_GAME icon
- Support last_game.txt / autoboot on nonCobra edition
- Auto install PKG mounted from exFAT/ext/NTFS (reduce steps needed to install a PKG)
- Experimental support for mount ISOs compressed in zip & 7-zip archives.
- Gameboot per system emulator. Requires Multi Gameboot MOD by DeViL303. Supports 20 Gameboots animations.
- ROMS support through PKG/ROM Launcher and RetroArch (support internal HDD/USB/NET storage with custom icons & background images)
- Enable selection of emulator for PS1 and PS2 on B/C consoles (L2 = ps*_emu, R2 = ps*_netemu, R1 = toggle emulator during mount process)
- PS2 Launcher / PSP Launchers can be integrated into webMAN Games menu for easy access
- Auto install / auto select PSP emulator for PSP games using decrypted MINIS.EDAT / MINIS2.EDAT
File management & navigation
- Improvements on File Manager (file & folder icons, links to navigate faster, mount ISO, mount net0/ or net1/, preview images, file truncation, copy/paste/delete files & folders)
- Copy operations use shadow copy on hdd0 for faster copy operations
- It can rip a game from disc to hdd0 or copy from hdd0 to usb000 or from usb00x to hdd0.
- Shorter URL to access paths & files. Use "home" path in /setup.ps3 for search in a user defined folder.
- Support for MD5 hash verification of files stored on PS3 (internal HDD & USB FAT32 only)
- Support edition of small text files (up to 1,300 bytes) via web
- Folder size statistics & change permissions
- Hex File Viewer (internal HDD/FAT32/NTFS/exFAT/ext2/3/4)
- Experimental support for zip & unzip (rar, 7z, bz2, tgz, tar can be extracted). Requires PKGLAUNCH & app_home/PS3_GAME icon.
- Unlock up to 8% more space on internal HDD using /unlockhdd.ps3 Thanks to 3141card (picard)
- Update to latest release from XMB
- PS3 Manager API Support (PS3MAPI) compatible with RTM tools
- FTP server includes new SITE commands to allow copy/paste files locally, unmount game, toggle external gamedata, turn on/off dev_blind, change file attributes
- Extended support up to 5 remote network servers
- Auto configure remote IP address when /setup.ps3 is accessed from a remote client
- Support navigation of remote network servers even if they are disabled for content scanning
- NETISO server on PS3 (ISO only) lets share local games with other PS3 consoles in a LAN
- Download files & install PKG remotely or with pad shortcuts
- /dev_blind and /dev_hdd1 are auto-mounted when accessed via FTP or http or from XMB
- Support for local web chat (source code only)
- Support for user defined combos (pad shortcuts)
- Virtual pad allows send button events remotely via http://pad.aldostools.org on web browser or with webPAD software (Windows only)
- Several shortcuts to toggle Cobra, swap Rebug files, mount net0/ or net1/, show IDPS/PSID, etc.
- Automatic remap to /dev_hdd0/packages on unmount (SELECT+O) allows to use Install All Packages on pkg files stored on HDD0
- Support for auto-play on startup any supported ISO, game folder or auto-open an URL link. webMAN vanilla only can mount AUTOBOOT.ISO
- Support for auto-fix games that require higher FW version (4.20 and later)
- Support batch script automation at startup (dev_hdd0/boot_init.txt or dev_hdd0/autoexec.bat), when XMB is loaded (/dev_hdd0/onxmb.bat) or played at any time (/play.ps3/.bat)
- Launch mounted games with /play.ps3 command. Once a game is mounted via html, click on the displayed icon to launch the game on the PS3.
- Execute XMB functions with /play.ps3 command. (e.g: /play.ps3?col=network&seg=seg_premo) <- this will start Remote Play server from XMB.
- Multiple Web Commands interfaces via HTTP, FTP, PS3MAPI, file polling (dev_hdd0/tmp/wm_request)
- Option for auto-play music or video when the system starts or through a combo that calls /browser.ps3$music or /browser.ps3$video
- Combo L3+R3+L2 allows to set the XMB multimedia player as background/dynamic theme.
- Combo L3+R3+L2+R2 allows to browse the XMB during packages installation.
- Support for auto-map libsound.sprx from /dev_hdd0/tmp
- Support for enable/disable noBD patch needed to remarry BD drive
- Support for relink identical files in /dev_hdd0/GAMES and /dev_hdd0/game using /stat.ps3&id=<title_id>?fast
- Support for auto-change of random or specific wallpaper and VSH resources like backgrounds, themes, impose, coldboot_*.ac3, lines.qrc, canyon.qrc, earth.qrc when system starts.
- A comprehensive set of web commands and features for customization. Link in Web Commands Documentation
- Automatic block of Sign In to PSN while CFW syscalls are enabled (thanks to DeViL303 for the modded screen).
- Support for dumping and spoofing IDPS/PSID/act.dat
- Support for automatic or manual removal of CFW syscalls and spoof console id (IDPS/PSID)
- "Offline" mode (blocks some PSN/tracking servers) and automatic restore when CFW syscalls are removed. Game updates still work in this mode. (v1.33.03)
- Scan for games on the stealth folder "/video"
Safety & security features
- Improved temperature monitoring (max & min fan speed, auto#2 mode, improved algorithm for dynamic fan control)
- Increased security: ADMIN mode blocks access to critical functions like /setup.ps3, /delete.ps3; Password for FTP server access; limit remote access to specific IP
- dev_bdvd/PS3_UPDATE is redirected to prevent an accidental update if a game disc is inserted in the drive
- Extended Content Profile Grouping (v1.33.07) - common files + individual content (4 profiles)
- Safe upload mode prevents a brick/semi-brick if power fails during ftp uploads to /dev_blind.
- System update redirected to /dev_hdd0/ps3-updatelist.txt using internal proxy (allows to bypass FW version check on PSN login)
Memory & debugging
- All LV2 peek/pokes are done through syscalls 8/9 (CFW only) - syscalls 6/7 used only by PS3HEN
- Web Debugger (remote peek/poke/find bytes, dump lv1 & lv2 memory)
- PS3MAPI web GUI debuger (process view, memory browse/change, attach/unload plugins to the process, syscall managament)
- MIN+ memory profile (same as MIN but uses 512K and 2.5X more buffer for PS3 games)
- MAX+ memory profile (same as MAX 1280K for PS3 games, others buffer is reduced, eg: 2X less buffer for ftp and 4X for DVD etc...)
- Support for up to 3MB from 4 available VSH memory containers [MC] (bg, fg, debug, app)
- Search for text or binary strings and wildcard patterns in LV1, LV2, process memory range or binary files
- Patch LV1, LV2, process memory or in binary files. Can be chained with search for text or binary strings and patterns.
- Dump full RAM, LV1, LV2, VSH, RSX or a process memory range.
- Support for remote view & update XRegistry settings
- Remote syscalls
Screen & video capture
- Capture XMB screen in BMP format
- XMB screen control using /xmb.html (experimental feature)
- Enable in-game screen capture on CFW that don't has the feature.
- Integrated Mysis video_rec plugin and get klicensee used by NPDRM content
- wm_proxy plugin : Proxy that redirects XMB menu actions to web commands
- sLaunch plugin : GUI to navigate and mount the games from any place on the XMB
- VSH Menu plugin : GUI to execute commands from any place on the XMB
- RAWSECISO plugin : Proxy that handles the SCSI requests by Cobra to access the ISO images stored in exFAT/NTFS devices
- NETISO plugin : Proxy that handles the SCSI requests by Cobra to access content stored in the remote servers (ps3netsrv)
- Video REC plugin : Standalone plugin that records video from games. When used, webMAN MOD is unloaded to free memory.
ps3netsrv : Remote content distribution server for PC and linux platforms that uses Cobra's NETISO protocol for streaming of content
prepISO : tool that scans content stored in exFAT/NTFS/ext2/3/4 devices and prepare the settings files needed by RAWSECISO plugin
PKG/ROM Launcher : allows the execution of PS3 applications and ROMS via RetroArch. Requires that the debug icon "★ app_home/PS3_GAME" be present on XMB
PS2CONFIG : Database of PS2 CONFIG files needed to improve the compatibility of certain PS2 games
WM Themes : Set of packages that customize the look of the XMB icons used by webMAN MOD
Reload XMB : PS3 application that forces the reload of XMB icons
Boot MAMBA : Package that installs MAMBA payload for use on Rebug 4.84/4.85/4.86/4.87/4.88 with Cobra disabled
MOVIAN.ISO : Custom ISO to launch MOVIAN
PS2 Classics Launcher : PS3 application required to launch PS2 Classics games in .BIN.ENC format
PSP Remasters Launcher : PS3 application required to launch PSP Remaster games in ISO format
PSP Minis Launcher : PS3 application required to launch PSP Mini games in ISO format
RetroArch : Required to launch the emulators that run the classic games in ROM format
MOVIAN : Required to play audio and videos in non-nantive formats like MKV
multiMAN : Optional. Use for dump ISO, download covers, advanced file management
webPAD : http://pad.aldostools.org - Online virtual game pad
How to build
Requirements for Windows:
Requirements for GNU/Linux:
- An x86 linux distribution, Fedora 20 is tested working
- git, clone this repository with the following command: git clone https://github.com/aldostools/webMAN-MOD.git
- Official PS3 SDK v400.001 leaked version (or later)
- Official Cell OS Lv-2 leaked toolchain (a 4.1M patched GCC 4.1.1 version)
- wine for the missing linux tools
- A compiled Scetool binary, ps3 keys
Open Source PSL1GHT SDK to compile prepISO, PKG/ROM Launcher and PKG Updater
- All the documentation on http://www.psdevwiki.com, and to all the devs who contributed
- Cobra team, for their work on Cobra payload and sharing the source code in public (thanks to the request of STLcardsWS)
- Deank as the original creator of webMAN, sMAN, sLaunch, multiMAN / mmCM and many other contributions to the scene
- Estwald for NTFS library, rawseciso, fake iso, Mamba payload, etc.
- Aldo Vargas (aldostools) for all his works on this project!
- Zar & [email protected] for starting the modding project
- NzV for PS3 Manager API (aka PS3MAPI), Mamba/PRX Loader & Mamba improvements
- bguerville for ps3xploit, tools, web downloader & package installer modules and port of ntfslib
- The team that ported NTFS library from PSL1ght to PS3 SDK (freddy38510, bguerville, Zar, deank, Joonie)
- Mysis, who wrote some useful libs and did the reverse engineering of VSH Exports functions
- 3141card for unlock HDD and VSH Menu POC & Littlebalup for his enhancement/new features
- jjolano (John Olano) for OpenFTP server
- OsirisX for PS3XPAD and the source code needed for gamepad emulation
- Berion & Brunolee for the graphics & icons
- bucanero port of libraries for zip, rar, 7-zip, bz2, tgz, tar
- lmirel port of libraries for exFAT
- DeViL303 for ideas, gameboot mods, Sign In blocker, XML mods, help module (based on XMB offline documentation tool by xp3riments)
- PSX-SCENE, PSX-PLACE, PLAYSTATIONHAX, PS3HAX & other scene websites/users, who translated, helped in the testing process
Special thanks to Joonie, Habib & Rebug Team, flatz, haxxxen, Rancid-O, EvilNat, KW, naehrwert, MiralaTijera
Thanks also to kozarovv, mrjaredbeta, agrippa, nifengyuexia and all other contributors & testers of PS2 CONFIGs.
webMAN MOD is a FREE software and all its components (ps3netsrv included) are
distributed and protected under GNU General Public License version 3 (GPL v3)
as published by the Free Software Foundation, or (at your option) any
That means that any change made to the source code, binaries or resources
of this software must be made public. A detailed list of the changes and
the credits to the original authors are strictly required.
It is NOT permitted to distribute modified versions with the same name
of this software. A similar name or misleading name should NOT be used,
to avoid confusion about the origin or the version in use.
For futher information about GPL v3, refer to:
THE SOFTWARE IS DISTRIBUTED "AS IS". NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IS EXPRESSED
OR IMPLIED. YOU USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER THE AUTHOR, THE LICENSOR NOR
THE AGENTS OF THE LICENSOR WILL BE LIABLE FOR DATA LOSS, DAMAGES, LOSS OF
PROFITS OR ANY OTHER KIND OF LOSS WHILE USING OR MISUSING THIS SOFTWARE OR
ITS COMPONENTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE
FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT,
TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE
OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Furthermore, the author and his ASSOCIATES shall assume NO responsibility,
legal or otherwise implied, for any misuse of, or for any loss of any kind
that may occur while using the SOFTWARE or its components.
Installing and using the software signifies acceptance of these terms and
conditions of the license. If you do not agree with the terms of this license,
you must remove all software files from your storage devices and cease to use
(C) 2010-2021 multiMAN / webMAN by DeanK
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person
obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files
(the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction,
including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge,
publish, distribute, sublicense, and to permit persons to whom
the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS
BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN
ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN
CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE