Fileshare applet development is inspired mostly by Droplr windows client. Its
purpose is to share images over the Internet using on-line services.
By now Imgur service is supported.
Fileshare applet features
- drag'n'drop image files to 'File Grabber' to upload
- select screen area to grab, show preview and upload
- link to the result image is automatically stored in the buffer, just paste to share the link
- Imgur and Droplr account support: run 'Log in' menu item to connect application to your account
(note, that to use Droplr account you'll need to request application keys from the developers,
see http://help.droplr.com/customer/portal/articles/1014091-introduction for more details)
For Linux users
- Download and latest DEB package from releases page.
Or build a package yourself if you want (requires Docker):
this will create deb package in
- Install it with the command:
# apt-get install <path to deb file>
For Windows users:
- Download and run PyGTK all-in-one installer:
- Run fileshare-setup.exe
Custom keyboard shortcut
Please, note, that not all systems support hotkeys. To check whether your system supports them, open Python console and type:
from gi.repository import Keybinder
If there's no error, shortcuts should work fine.
By default the keyboard shortcut is "<Super>P".
In case it conflicts with your system or you'd like to change it, perform the following:
- Start the fileshare application
- Quit the app
- Edit the file
find the section:
grabscreen = <Super>P
and change "<Super>P" to the desired shortcut.
You may use the following modifiers: <Alt>, <Ctrl>, <Shift>, <Super>
Special thanks to:
- Droplr developers for idea
- Weather Indicator Team for first steps in Unity Python toolbar application development
- VladX, Nanoshot developer for many great PyGTK examples