VXG Media SDK for Android
This is a non-commercial version of VXG Media SDK for Android. Playback is limited to 2 minutes.
Commercial use and access to extra features requires a license. Please learn more at https://www.videoexpertsgroup.com/mobile/
SDK consists of three modules:
- Player SDK - for playback of media files and streams
- Encoder SDK - for live video broadcasting from mobile device
- Cloud SDK - module for playback from or streaming to VXG Cloud / VXG Server
Player module can be used for IPTV, Android client of surveillance system, IP camera viewer, TV player, OTT clients and other kinds of applications with video playback.
Encoding module can be used for any kind of mobile video broadcasting: home surveillance, social networks, etc.
Source code of samples can be provided.
The full SDK documentation can be found here - https://dashboard.videoexpertsgroup.com/docs/.
Low latency for network streams – Special API controls playback latency and buffering in every module.
Multi-channel support – Support of simultaneous connection to several video sources.
Getting raw video frames (whole or cropped) after decoder for computer vision handler (include Face detector sample).
Hardware acceleration – Hardware accelerated decoding of HD video (H.264, H.265, MPEG4, MPEG2 and others).
H/W post and pre-processing – Hardware de-interlacing and pre-processing using OpenGL shaders.
Smart OpenGL rendering - Digital zoom and picture shifting.
Fast and Low rate playback - Support of 0.1x-16x speed rate for files and 0.1x-3x for live streams
Smooth change position - Support of quick position change with audio fade in a short time
Record during Playback - Support of record from live video source to mp4 file compatible with all social networks
Real time statistics - Statistics are calculated in real time: bitrate, latency in video and audio flow, number of frames in video flow
Trimming - Support of cutting local files on several segments
Smart thumbnails – Quick and simple API gets thumbnails for local files and live streams.
Replay - Support of position change in live HLS streams
Audio filtering - Support of volume boost, tempo, notch
ONVIF - Support of ONVIF protocol (it is provided on demand)
Supported file formats and network protocols:
- Supported file formats: AVI, 3GP, M4V, MP4, WMV, FLV, MPEG, MPG, MOV, RM, VOB, ASF, MKV, F4V, TRP, TS, TP and others.
- Supported Network protocols: HLS, HTTP, RTMPT, RTMPE, HTTTPS, RTMPTS, MMS, RTMP, RTP, SRTP, UDP, HLS, RTSP and others.
- Support of Multicast, Unicast and Broadcast
- Stream playback: Multicast/Unicast UDP, HTTP and HTTPS tunneling for RTSP.
- DVD subtitles (codec dvd_subtitle), Closed Caption (EIA-608 / CEA-708) Decoder (codec eia_608), PJS subtitle, RealText subtitle, SSA (SubStation Alpha) subtitle, SubRip subtitle, Raw text subtitle, WebVTT subtitle
Quick Integration and simple using:
- Integration with active apps – Media Player SDK is based on SurfaceView and can be integrated with any activity.
- Custom and standard notifications – The network module notifies application about connection, disconnection and other events. There is a possibility to add custom event.
- RTSP server (in local network) / RTMP in public network
- H.264 encoding up to 4K resolution
- Simultaneous recording and broadcasting
- Capturing audio from microphone
- Recording audio in WAV format
- Streaming 2 channels with various resolution and bitrate
- Custom Stream Encryption (on demand)
- RTSP tunneling over HTTPS, HTTP
- Capturing raw video up to 30 FPS
- Capturing raw audio (PCM format)