Tauon Music Box
A music player for the Linux desktop. Designed to be powerful and streamlined, putting the user in control of their music collection.
- Fast, comfortable and responsive UI.
- Import tracks and create playlists by simple drag and drop.
- Supports most common codecs and tracker file types.
- Seamless support for CUE sheets.
- Import and control playback of Spotify tracks. (Requires Spotify Premium)
- Stream music from your PLEX, koel, Jellyfin or Airsonic server.
- Large album art and gallery displays!
- Support for gapless playback.
- Batch transcode folders of music.
- Last.fm scrobbling with track love support ❤️
See which of your tracks your friends loved too! 💜 💙
- Download cover art function.
Lyrics display with support for displaying guitar chord lyrics and synced
- Edit tags with MusicBrainz Picard (when also installed).
- Keep track of play counts. Visualise these so you always know which tracks were your favorite.
- Shortcuts for searching artists on Rate Your Music and tracks on Genius.
- Linux desktop integration with MPRIS2.
- Built-in topchart generator.
Extract archives and import your music downloads in one click! ⚡️
- Remote control apps for Andorid available.
Download and Install 💫
Installation is available as a Flatpak.
Flatpak uses sandboxing, see here for notes. While the Flatpak version is recommended, you can also install from the AUR on Arch Linux based distros.
Also available on SlackBuilds for Slackware distributions. (Maintained by ~red)
I highly recommend reading the Tauon Music Box manual.
Feel free to submit any issues you encounter.