Included addon packages:
- PHP >= 7.4
- Laravel >= 8.42
- MySQL >= 8.x
PHPREDIS if using
redis for drivers, which our default
.env.example has set.
- This demo is meant to be seeded before use. Registration also assumes a pre-seeded database, as we automatically create threads between the admin user and a newly registered user, as well as set friendships.
- Calling will be disabled by default. Even though we have our janus-client installed, you are responsible for setting up your own
- Please see Janus official docs for more information.
- We use
pusher.com by default for our websocket implementation, however you may choose to use the drop-in replacement laravel-websockets
Clone or download this repository
$ git clone [email protected]:RTippin/messenger-demo.git
$ composer install
.env and configure your environment, including your pusher keys if you use pusher.
Run the Install Command
- This command will generate your
APP_KEY for you, as well as migrating fresh and downloading our documentation files.
- This will
WIPE any data in your database as it runs
migrate:fresh under the hood.
$ php artisan demo:install
Run these commands in their own terminal inside your project folder
$ php artisan serve
$ php artisan queue:work --queue=messenger,messenger-bots
Default seeded admin account:
messenger password as well
All other seeded accounts use
UI configurations / Websockets
- If you plan to use laravel-websockets, or want more information regarding our UI, please visit our documentation:
Sending images, voice messages, replies, and reactions
Interacting with a chat-bot using triggers to invoke responses
Viewing a bots actions and triggers
Managing a groups participants
In a video call
Sending documents and images, hovering over options / reactions