Easy to use, high level framework in Kotlin for front-end web-development
Find Kunafa Documentation here (Work in progress).
An easy to use, high level framework in Kotlin for web development. You do not need to learn the web stack, only the framework to be able to write web apps.
Developers only need to use Kotlin for development.
- You write the view (similar to Android xml layouts) in Kotlin DSL. e. g.
width = matchParent
height = matchParent
backgroundColor = Color(240, 240, 240)
text = "Click me"
- The view component (similar to Android activity or iOS ViewController) implements certain life cycle functions.
- The framework views contains easy to understand and familiar components and layouts managers. i. e. Button, TextView, TextInput, HorizontalLayout, VerticalLayout and so on.
- The framework makes laying out objects easy, e. g. match parent, wrap content.
- You can wrap any html, css, and js into a framework component to use it inside the framework.
- Intuitive DSL for creating views
- Type safe CSS DSL for complete control of views appearance
- Automatic CSS rule sets caching
- Flexible Components to abstract any logic
- Full Routing support (Links, URL params, Redirecting, Navigation control)
- Very easy to wrap any 3rd party library as Kunafa component
- At runtime, the js file will generate the required HTML, and CSS files containing the whole application.
Hello Kunafa! Getting started guide.
To add Kunafa to your project, first you need to add it to your build.gradle file as a dependency.
If you have Kotlin Js plugin configured, then you can directly use it the code and Webpack will include Kunafa in the
Now you are ready to use Kunafa in any Kotlin-js project.
For a complete example, check the Kunafa Todo repository
Your feedback is most welcomed. Let us know how is your experience with Kunafa.