THIS REPO HAS MOVED HOUSE 🚚: It now lives at
Quill is the beautiful Android app for your Ghost blog. Get it here on the Google Play Store.
- Simple, intuitive interface based on Material Design principles (along with some tasteful animations!)
Markdown editing with preview - swipe to switch between editing and previewing
100% Markdown compatibility with Ghost - go ahead and use footnotes and code blocks like you're used to
- Works with Ghost Pro (ghost.io) as well as self-hosted blogs
Offline mode: Quill is designed to work 100% offline: just sync when you're connected later! Ideal for writing on the go
Attach tags and a cover image - upload images from your phone or a web link
Conflict handling - when a blog post is edited simultaneously from the app and elsewhere (e.g., via Ghost web), Quill will detect the conflict and show you a nice UI to decide what to do - so you never lose your hard work!
Bug reports? Feature requests?
File an issue
Help translate Quill
If you'd like to see support for your language in Quill, you can easily contribute translations on Weblate. This requires no setup and no knowledge of Android development, just keep in mind a few simple rules:
- Many strings have placeholders like "%s", "%d", "%2$s", etc. - keep these intact because other numbers and strings are inserted into these placeholders
- Single and double quotes need to be preceded with a backslash character (' and " respectively)
- For short strings, try to keep the translated string length close to the English one, because longer strings may not fit in the UI
If you need help getting started, email me or drop a comment on the master translation issue.
Setup is as simple as importing the project into Android Studio and building (assuming you have the correct build tools and Android SDK).
If you face any issues setting this up, please let me know by filing a new issue.