plibsys is a cross-platform system C library with some helpful routines.
It has zero third-party dependencies and uses only native system calls.
plibsys gives you:
- Platform independent data types
- Condition variables
- Read-write locks
- System-wide semaphores
- System-wide shared memory
- Optimized spinlock
- Atomic operations
- Socket support (UDP, TCP, SCTP) with IPv4 and IPv6
- Hash functions: MD5, SHA-1, SHA-2, SHA-3, GOST (R 34.11-94)
- Binary trees: BST, red-black, AVL
- INI file parser
- High resolution time profiler
- Files and directories
- Shared library loading
- Useful routines for linked lists, strings, hash tables
- Macros for CPU architecture, OS and compiler detection
- Macros for variable arguments
To achieve maximum native performance on each platform several implementation models are used:
- Threading models: POSIX, Solaris, OS/2, BeOS, AtheOS, AmigaOS and Win32
- IPC models: POSIX, System V, OS/2, AmigaOS and Win32
- Time profiler models: POSIX, Solaris, Mach, OS/2, BeOS, AmigaOS, Win32 and generic
- Directory iterating models: POSIX, OS/2 and Win32
- Shared library loading models: POSIX, HP-UX, OS/2, BeOS, AmigaOS and Win32
- Atomic operations models: sync, C11, DECC, Win32 and simulated
- Sockets: BSD with Win32 support
plibsys is a cross-platform, highly portable library, it is fully covered
with unit tests and was tested on the following desktop platforms:
- Cygwin, MSYS
- FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD
- QNX Neutrino
- UnixWare 7
- SCO OpenServer 5
plibsys also supports the following mobile platforms:
- iOS, watchOS, tvOS
- BlackBerry 10
It should also work on other *nix systems with or without minimal efforts.
plibsys was tested with the following compilers:
- MSVC (x86, x64) 2003 and above
- MinGW (x86, x64)
- Open Watcom (x86)
- Borland (x86)
- GCC (x86, x64, PPC32be, PPC64be/le, IA-64/32, IA-64, Alpha, HPPA2.0-32, MIPS32, AArch32, SPARCv9)
- Clang (x86, x64, PPC32be, AArch32, AArch64)
- Intel (x86, x64)
- QCC (x86, AArch32)
- Oracle Solaris Studio (x86, x64, SPARCv9)
- MIPSpro (MIPS32)
- XL C (PPC64le)
- DEC C (Alpha)
- PGI (x86, x64)
- Cray (x64)
Use CMake to build plibsys for target platform. For OpenVMS see platforms/vms-general directory.
Documentation for the latest stable verison is avaialble through the GitHub Pages.
plibsys is distributed under the terms of MIT license.
More information about the library is available on the Wiki.