AWStats - Advanced Web Statistics
AWStats (Advanced Web Statistics) is a powerful, full-featured web server
logfile analyzer which shows you all your Web statistics including: visitors,
pages, hits, hours, search engines, keywords used to find your site, broken
links, robots and many more...
It works with IIS 5.0+, Apache and all major web, wap, proxy, streaming
server log files (and even ftp servers or mail logs) on all Operating Systems.
- License: GNU GPL v3+ (GNU General Public License. See LICENSE file), OSI Certified Open Source Software license.
- Version: 7.8
- Release date: April 2020
- Platforms: All (Linux, NT, BSD, Solaris and other *NIX's, BeOS, OS/2...)
- Author: Laurent Destailleur [email protected]
AWStats official web site and latest version: https://www.awstats.org
FEATURES AND REQUIREMENTS
A full log analysis enables AWStats to show you the following information:
- Number of VISITS and UNIQUE VISITORS
- Visits duration and last visits
- Authenticated users, and last authenticated visits
- Days of week and rush hours (pages, hits, KB for each day and hour)
- Domains/countries of hosts visitors (pages, hits, KB)
- Hosts list, last visits and unresolved IP addresses list
- Most viewed, entry and exit pages
- File types
- Web compression statistics (for mod_gzip or mod_deflate)
- Browsers used (pages, hits, kb for each browser)
- OS used (pages, hits, KB for each OS)
- Robot visits
- Worm attacks
- Download and continuation detection
- Search engines, keyphrases and keywords used to find your site
- HTTP errors (Page not found with last referer, etc,)
- Screen size report
- Number of times your site is "added to favourites bookmarks"
- Ratio of Browsers that support: Java, Flash, RealG2 reader, Quicktime reader, WMA reader, PDF reader
- Cluster report for load balanced servers ratio
- Other personalized reports...
It supports the following features as well:
- Can analyze all log formats
- Works from command line and from a browser as a CGI (with dynamic filters capabilities for some charts)
- Update of statistics can be made on demand from the web interface and not only from your scheduler
- Unlimited log file size, support split log files (load balancing system)
- Support 'nearly sorted' log files even for entry and exit pages
- Reverse DNS lookup before or during analysis, supports DNS cache files
- Country detection from IP location or domain name
- WhoIS links
- A lot of options/filters and plugins can be used
- Multi-named web sites supported (virtual servers)
- Cross Site Scripting Attacks protection
- Several languages
- No need of rare perl libraries
- Dynamic reports as CGI output
- Static reports in one or framed HTML or XHTML pages
- Experimental PDF export
- Look and colors can match your site design (CSS)
- Help and tooltips on HTML reported pages
- Easy to use (Just one configuration file to edit)
- Analysis database can be stored in XML format (for XSLT processing, ...)
- A Webmin module
- Free (GNU GPL) with sources (perl scripts)
- Available on all platforms
To use AWStats CGI script, you need the following requirements:
- Your server must log web access in a log file you can read.
- To run awstats, from command line, your operating system must be able to run perl scripts (.pl files).
- Perl module "Encode" must be available.
To run awstats as a CGI (for real-time statistics), your web server must also be able to run such scripts.
If not, you can solve this by downloading last Perl version at:
The distribution of AWStats package includes the following files:
README.TXT This file
docs/LICENSE GNU General Public Licence
docs/* AWStats documentation (setup/usage...)
wwwroot/cgi-bin/awstats.pl THE MAIN AWSTATS PROGRAM (CLI/CGI)
wwwroot/cgi-bin/awredir.pl A tool to track exit clicks
wwwroot/cgi-bin/awstats.model.conf An model configuration file
wwwroot/cgi-bin/lang Directory with languages files
wwwroot/cgi-bin/lib Directory with awstats reference info
wwwroot/cgi-bin/plugins Directory with optional plugins
wwwroot/icon/browser Directory with browsers icons
wwwroot/icon/clock Directory with clock icons
wwwroot/icon/cpu Directory with cpu icons
wwwroot/icon/flags Directory with country flag icons
wwwroot/icon/os Directory with OS icons
wwwroot/icon/other Directory with all others icons
wwwroot/classes Java applet for graphapplet plugin
wwwroot/css Samples of CSS files
tools/* Other provided tools
tools/webmin/awstats-x.x.wbm A Webmin module for AWStats
tools/xslt/awstats.xsd AWStats XML database schema descriptor
tools/xslt/* Demo to manipulate AWStats XML database
INSTALL, SETUP AND USE AWSTATS
The documentation available for this release in HTML format is in the docs/ directory.
You can find a most up-to-date documentation at:
Tests and results are available in AWStats documentation, in docs/ directory.
Follow AWStats project on:
ABOUT THE AUTHOR, LICENSE AND SUPPORT
Copyright (C) 2000-2020 - Laurent Destailleur - [email protected] - https://www.nltechno.com
Laurent Destailleur is also the project leader of Dolibarr ERP CRM Opensource project,
and author of AWBot, CVSChangeLogBuilder, DoliDroid and founder of DoliCloud SaaS https://www.dolicloud.com.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program. If not, see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/.