Welcome to the GitHub repository for the .NET Ecosystem - the big picture Pluralsight course.
This repository contains the examples for the Pluralsight course: The .NET Ecosystem: The Big Picture.
The solution consists of:
- A .NET Core console application that depends on .NET Core to be installed on the machine to run
- A .NET Core console application that is self-contained and does not depend on .NET Core to be installed on the machine to run
- A very simple Xamarin.Android application that shows a single view
- A very simple Windows Forms application, based on the .NET Framework 4.7
Running the samples
In order to run the projects in the solution, you need the following:
- Visual Studio 2017
- .NET Core (Get it here)
- .NET 4.7 for the Windows Forms application (WindowsSpecific project)
- You could also retarget the WindowsSpecific project to a lower version of the .NET Framework
- Xamarin Tools for Visual Studio and the Android SDK.
- In the Visual Studio Installer, select the Mobile development with .NET workload, like in the picture below