A curated list of awesome tools, tutorials and APIs related to data from the Copernicus Sentinel Satellites.
Data Hubs and National Mirrors
Official datahubs and mirrors by the Copernicus partners and Collaborative Ground Segment members.
Innitiatives to integrate specific Sentinel data into existing search and discovery platforms.
Providers that host Copernicus Sentinel data and allow you to bring your own code to process it without the need to download the data.
Data and Information Access Services (DIAS), funded by the European Commission "providing centralised access to Copernicus data and information, as well as to processing tools"
- VM Infrastructure as a Service, with an API for access to hosted Copernicus data
- on-demand processing of thematic products with link to other data-sets (i.e. geo-marketing)
- harmonised data access with a REST API, hosted VM options
Specific to Copernicus Sentinel data discovery, download and processing.
Search & Download
Viewers & Portals
AWS/Sinergise "Sentinel Image Browser"
- search Sentinel-2 data available on Amazon Webservices
EOS "Land Viewer"
- viewer for Landsat-8/7, MODIS and Sentinel-2 data hosted by AWS
- visualize band combinations on-the-fly
- viewer for Sentinel (1,2,3), Landsat-8, SPOT and Pleiades imagery
- based on resto search engine and used as frontend for PEPS
- viewer for Sentinel-2 and Landsat-8 data with custom metadata filters
- satellite tiles enriched with additional metadata (e.g. terrain statistics, NDVI at overpass, climatic parameters, population count)
- portals focussing on Ocean Remote Sensing data, including Sentinel-1 and 3
open source viewer for Landsat-8, Sentinel-2 and CBERS-4 data hosted by AWS
sentinel-tiler (tiles server based on AWS Lambda)
RemotePixel "Satellite Search"
open source Browser for Landsat-8 and Sentinel-2 data hosted by AWS
- supports on-the-fly display and calculation of band combinations
remotepixel-api (based on AWS Lambda)
Research and User Support (RUS)
Sinergise "Sentinel Playground"
- visualize AWS Sentinel-2 data in different band combinations
- offers a WMS/WMTS service.
- search Sentinel-1, 2, 3 and other free satellite data
- supports pixel based band-math operations and simple data processing
Android / iOS App to to view Sentinel-2 images, compare changes and share
- real-time tracking of EO satellites, set-up custom channels to track ROI overpass and preview images
Thematic Exploitation Platforms "TEPs"
- variant of the LandsatLook Viewer to search and download Sentinel-2 data from the USGS archive
ESRI Sentinel-2 Explorer
Products, datasets and applications generated from Copernicus Sentinel data.