IMPORTANT NOTE: My lists does not, can not, and will never ever support Manifest v3, due to the lack of list hotfixes and the removal of
-abp-contains. Issue reports for Manifest v3-based extension versions or Chrome ≥97 ±1 will not be accepted, and if you do submit one, you would be asked to use an alternate web browser instead.
And just in case anyone thinks I'm not serious about it, I do no longer offer support to Safari ≥13 users (except when using AdGuard's paid version) since Safari has decided to do the exact same things that Chromium is planning to do.
Note for UXP browser users: Due to the Pale Moon community being protective of consistent abusive hate speech and grave insultments, I will no longer use Pale Moon, Basilisk or Borealis to test any entries or for anything else. PC browser entries that can't be reproduced by Chrome, Firefox, Vivaldi or Tor Browser, will be delegated to uAssets instead.
This is the place where I, Imre Kristoffer Eilertsen, host my web filter lists for countless different topics, for use in adblock tools and the likes. GitHub was in mid-2017 by far the easiest way for laymen like me to store pure text files, which is a necessity to create subscribable lists.
This is a hobby project of mine, in which I work just as much on these lists and this repo as I feel like. But don't be fooled by the appearance, as these are nevertheless some lists that I've placed lots of energy and effort into, for the enjoyment of all of us.
For an overview of the lists in this repo, go to FilterLists.com, click on the Maintainers button in the upper right, and choose Imre Kristoffer Eilertsen in the Maintainers dropdown menu. It became too much work for me to have a GitHub spreadsheet for my lists, unfortunately. It is generally not recommended to subscribe to lists directly from this repo, as the mostly unsorted lists can be unsuitable for your tool(s), block things you may not have intended to block at all, or otherwise cause confusion in general if they aren't vetted properly before use on tech units.
However, if you were led here by extension teams or extension customer services, it was most likely due to Dandelion Sprout's Nordic Filters, my signature list for all up-to-date adblockers, whose userbase is very loosely estimated to measure in the low 6-digits. Various modified versions of it are included in uBlock Origin, AdGuard, AdNauseam, AdBlock, Adblock Plus, AdGuard Home, pfBlockerNG, Brave Browser, and Vivaldi's privacy settings.
If you have any problems, suggestions, or a desire to help, I allow both Issues and Pull requests reports about any such things for the time being. Don't be shy to ask/tell me.
Jeg forsikrer dere også om at det såklart er fullt mulig å kontakte meg om adblock-listene på bokmål, nynorsk, dansk eller svensk, dersom dette er ønskelig for deg/dere. Man er ikke nødt til å bruke engelsk hele tiden.
• Checker for redundant filter entries and for ABP syntaxes, made by Famlam. It does however not account for uBO-syntax-specific entries, nor for ABP syntaxes newer than 2017.
• Recentmost tool I used to test IP server availability, made by Funilrys.
• To easily create GitCDN links to the lists, in case anyone have list connection problems: GitHub GitCDN Button by mikhoul
• To find very similar domains for Hosts files, or to find all domains hosted by specific IP addresses (both IPv4 and IPv6): SecurityTrails
• To look for invalidly written entries according to uBO's syntax: Use uBlock Origin, set logger to All, and resync the lists.
• To correctly sort IP addresses (which Sublime Text cannot do): Browserling IP Sort
• To correctly sort IP addresses, and also compress them into CIDRs: Tehnoblog IP Address Aggregator
• To find lists of the biggest newssites of most countries: DomainTyper
• To search with wildcards for domains, e.g.
ads.*.no: SecurityTrails API Free
• To sort filter entries in alphabetic order: F9 / Edit → Sort Lines
• To remove "www." from most entries: Ctrl+H / Find → Replace…
• To remove duplicates: Edit → Permute Lines → Unique
• To remove duplicates across files: Paste the content of the file that shall retain its filters on top, and paste the content of the file that shall delete its duplicates on bottom.
• To remove element-rule targets from adblock files, so that the rules' domains can be run through PyFunceble: Ctrl+H / Find → Replace, turn on RegEx, and then replace
#?#.* with nothing.
• lassekongo83 for being a pretty solid expert on uBO's syntax, for helping heaps of people (Me included) with writing specific filters, and for having made several lists that I would look through to learn more about how to write filters.
• THEtomaso for waterproofing parts of the Nordic list, and for several contributions to the same list.
• The contributor communities that surround uBlock Origin in general (including okiehsch and gwarser among others), for generally being helpful, reasonably debating, and for providing various solutions and advices.
• krystian3w for teaching me that using
:style entries completely breaks a list and its entries in ABP.
• okiehsch (individually) for taking the time to oversee the copying of entries (Mostly from Browse Websites Without Logging In) to uBlock Filters - Annoyances.
• Andrey Meshkov for invaluable push-start assistance in creating the conversion script for Dandelion Sprouts nordiske filtre that eventually became a very important backbone in my adblocker activities.
• HankAviator for adding significant support for PR-Chinese websites in ≥3 of my lists.
If you've contributed to or helped me and you aren't on the above list, don't feel bad about it. I still give my regular thanks to you.