English | 简体中文 GitHub | Gitee码云
HandyView HandyFigure HandyCrawler
HandyView is a handy image viewer for convenient viewing and comparing. It is developed with PyQt5.
- Switch among images with fixed zoom ration, which is useful when comparing image details. (Unfortunately, I cannot find such a image viewer and this is the initial motivation to develop HandyView).
- Various comparison modes.
- Show basic image information, e.g., image path, shape, size, color type, zoom ration, etc.
- Show the position and color in the current mouse cursor.
- Draw rectangles on images and show the start and end position.
- Switch among images with fixed zoom ratio
- Compare images in two-column or three-column modes
- Show the position and color of the current mouse cursor
- Draw rectangles and show the start and end positions
I have now tested it on Windows. It should also work on Ubuntu (but may with some modifications).
Option 1: Pre-compiled executable zip file
I have zipped an exe zip file with pyinstaller in the release page (Github | Gitee). You can first have a try on it.
- Unzip the file
- Set HandyView as the default image viewer, so that you can double-click the image to open HandyView.
Option 2: Python environment
git clone https://github.com/xinntao/HandyView.git
Install dependent packages
pip install -r requirements.txt
In the command line, run:
python handyview/handyviewer.py [image_path]
Option 3: Python environment + Compile to executable program
pyinstaller to compile to executable program, so that you can double-click the image to open the HandyView.
pyinstaller -D handyview/handyview.py -i icon.ico --windowed
- You will see a
dist folder containing the outputs (dll, exe, etc)
- Copy necessary files to the
cp -r icons dist/handyviewer/
cp icon.png dist/handyviewer/
cp icon.ico dist/handyviewer/
- Choose the
dist/handyview/handyviewer.exe as the default image viewer.
I used the early version of HandyView on Ubuntu. The current version is not tested on Ubuntu and may be out-of-date.
- Clone this repo
git clone [email protected]:xinntao/HandyView.git
- How to double click to open an image
- Modify the HandyView.desktop file - Exec & Icon
- Copy the .desktop file to
- How to change the default image viewer
- Right click an image
- Go to
- Choose HandyView
📖 Document (On the way)
The basic operation (such as shortcut keys) could be found in the Help button in the toolbar.
⏳ TODO list
- [ ] preview mode
- [ ] show zoom info for each folder (store in database)
- [ ] drag together in the multi-view comparison mode
- [ ] Simple image edit: crop, resize, color conversion, etc
- [ ] Draw rectangular and enlarged the area
- [ ] Make GIF easily
📜 License and Acknowledgement
This project is released under the MIT license.
I have used the icons from flaticon. The following are the source links.
If you have any question, please open an issue or email