This product has been discontinued, replaced by MacForge which supports macOS High Sierra (10.13.x) and later.
mySIMBL is an open-source plugin manager for macOS. It lets you discover, install, and manage plugins, to improve the user experience of macOS without the need for manually cloning or copying files.
- mySIMBL supports macOS Yosemite (10.10) through High Siera (10.13)
- Use on Mojave (10.14) requires System Integrity Protection remain off as well as Apple Mobile File Integrity
- Plugins may have different application and system requirements
- Download 0.7.2, the final release of mySIMBL
- Unzip the download if your browser does not do so automatically
mySIMBL will ask to be moved to
mySIMBL may ask to install or update
- You will need to disable System Integrity Protection, mySIMBL will inform you but cannot automate this process
- Start installing and using plugins
- Repositories to find, download, and update plugins
- Drag and drop plugins onto mySIMBL to install them
- Open bundles with mySIMBL to install them
- Delete plugins (Trash Can)
- Show plugins in Finder (Magnifying Glass)
- Enable/Disable plugins (Colored Circle Indicator)
- Show plugin developer page (Globe Icon)
- Detect existing plugins
- Update plugins with ease
- Automatically keep plugins up to date
- And many more...
I want to submit a plugin
- Head over to the mySIMBL plugin repository
- Fork the project
- Add your compiled and zipped plugin to the bundles folder
packages_v2.plist to include your submission
- Submit a pull request
Having problems? Submit an issue here: submit
System Info from the sidebar, then click
uninstall SIMBL. Log out and back in for changes to fully apply.
Wolfgang Baird (@w0lfschild) (MacEnhance)