Node.js' Tooling Group
Advancing Node.js as a framework for writing great tools
What nodejs/tooling Is
nodejs/tooling is a place to propose and discuss initiatives around improving the developer experience for those writing tools using Node.js.
nodejs/tooling is a group of developers who want to help. The team can be mentioned using the username @nodejs/tooling.
What nodejs/tooling Is Not
nodejs/tooling has nothing to do with internal tools or automation for the Node.js project. Maybe you were looking for nodejs/build or nodejs/automation?
nodejs/tooling is not an official "working group"; it presently has no charter.
- There are no actual tools in nodejs/tooling.
It may be easiest to provide this non-exhaustive list of examples:
- Test runners & linters
- Build tools & bundlers
- Task runners
- Package managers
- System utilities
- Compilers, transpilers & language servers
- Modules, projects & libraries supporting these use cases
How to Help
- Join the
#node-tooling channel on the Dev Tools Community Slack (automatic signup)
- Provide user feedback--how do you use Node.js to write tools? What's good? What could be better?
- Create issues and participate in discussions
- Attend online meetings
- Document initiatives and send them as PRs
- Help us formalize stuff if it's too loosey-goosey, b/c I'm just making this up as I go rn