Join the conversation @ "#uex-tool-for-jamf" On the MacAdmins Slack
What is the Jamf Interaction Toolkit?
Jamf Interaction Toolkit, commonly known as UEX, was built with a few goals in mind:
- Setup software deployments that are:
- Branded and trusted
- Consistent across the enterprise
- Notify the user when apps need to be quit or to not be opened
- Notify the user when the computer needs to be restarted
- Allow the user to postpone the action based on number of times instead of an end date
- All of this has to be compatible with Jamf Pro.
- All of this has to be work tandem with Self Service.
Over time this tool has grown into a full set of versatile scripts that can essentially be used as your primary method for creating policies.
You can just use it for your next macOS Upgrade.
What can it do?
The UEX Toolkit supports all types of deployment needs:
What does it look like?
- Example of a policy at Check-in for a MS Word update
- Example of a Google Chrome update From Self Service
How to use it?
- Download the latest release
- Please check out the Wiki Here
- Apply Branding
- Upload all required pieces to your Jamf Pro server.
- Run the API Config Tool
- The world is your burrito. 🌯 ... Creating Policies
How to upgrade?
- Check out the new wiki to see how easy it is to upgrade.