🎉 Open source is changing the world one contribution at a time! 🎉
This repository is made for beginners who are unfamiliar with open source and GitHub. So what is holding you back?! Make your first contribution to the open source and take home swags. 👕📦
Hacktoberfest is a month-long open source contribution program hosted by DigitalOcean in the month of October for supporting open source development. Hacktoberfest encourages participation in the open source community, which grows bigger every year. Whether you are a pro in programming or a newbie, Hacktoberfest welcomes each one of the contributors for providing their valuable contribution to the open source community. Completing the challenge earns you a limited edition swags and other exiciting goodies.
RULES.md before creating a pull request
PRs violating the rules will be closed and reported Spam! ❌
1. Fork the repository.
2. Clone your forked copy of the project.
git clone https://github.com/abhilashmnair/HacktoberFest2021.git
3. Navigate to the project directory 📁 .
4. Add a reference(remote) to the original repository.
git remote add upstream https://github.com/abhilashmnair/HacktoberFest2021.git
5. Check the remotes for this repository.
git remote -v
6. Always take a pull from the upstream repository to your master branch to keep it at par with the main project(updated repository).
git pull upstream main
7. Create a new branch.
git checkout -b <your_branch_name>
8. Perform your desired changes to the code base.
9. Track your changes✔️ .
git add *
10. Commit your changes .
git commit -m "Message"
11. Push the committed changes in your feature branch to your remote repo.
git push -u origin <your_branch_name>
12. To create a pull request, click on
compare and pull requests. Please ensure you compare your feature branch to the desired branch of the repository you are supposed to make a PR to.
Not a developer or programmer? Don't worry! Add useful documentation and fix grammatical errors in the
README file. Every single contribution of yours will benefit your open source venture.
This repository and the contained files are licensed under MIT License. See LICENSE for full text.
💜 Thank You for your participation! 💜