tablesorter (FORK) is a jQuery plugin for turning a standard HTML table with THEAD and TBODY tags into a sortable table without page refreshes. tablesorter can successfully parse and sort many types of data including linked data in a cell. This forked version adds lots of new enhancements including: alphanumeric sorting, pager callback functons, multiple widgets providing column styling, ui theme application, sticky headers, column filters and resizer, as well as extended documentation with a lot more demos.
- Because of the change to the internal cache, the tablesorter v2.16+ core, filter widget and pager (both plugin & widget) will only work with the same version or newer files.
- Check the FAQ page.
- Search the main documentation (click the menu button in the upper left corner).
- Search the issues to see if the question or problem has been brought up before, and hopefully resolved.
- If someone is available, ask your question in the
#tablesorter IRC channel at freenode.net.
- Ask your question at Stackoverflow using a tablesorter tag.
- Please don't open a new issue unless it really is an issue with the plugin, or a feature request. Thanks!
- Multi-column alphanumeric sorting and filtering.
- Multi-tbody sorting - see the options table on the main document page.
- Supports Bootstrap v2-4.
- Parsers for sorting text, alphanumeric text, URIs, integers, currency, floats, IP addresses, dates (ISO, long and short formats) & time. Add your own easily.
- Inline editing - see demo.
- Support for ROWSPAN and COLSPAN on TH elements.
- Support secondary "hidden" sorting (e.g., maintain alphabetical sort when sorting on other criteria).
- Extensibility via widget system.
- Cross-browser: IE 6.0+, FF 2+, Safari 2.0+, Opera 9.0+, Chrome 5.0+.
- Small code size, starting at 25K minified.
- Works with jQuery 1.2.6+ (jQuery 1.4.1+ needed with some widgets).
- Works with jQuery 1.9+ (
$.browser.msie was removed; needed in the original version).
If you would like to contribute, please...
- Make changes in a branch & add unit tests.
grunt test (if qunit fails, run it again - it's fickle).
- Create a pull request.
- Big shout-out to Nick Craver for getting rid of the
eval() function that was previously needed for multi-column sorting.
- Big thanks to thezoggy for helping with code, themes and providing valuable feedback.
- Big thanks to ThsSin- for taking over for a while and also providing valuable feedback.
- Thanks to prijutme4ty for numerous contributions!
- Also extra thanks to christhomas and Lynesth for help with code.
- And, of course thanks to everyone else that has contributed, and continues to contribute through pull requests and open issues to this forked project!
View the complete change log here.
- Restore first row in cacheIndex. Fixes issues #1714 & #1710.
- Update to jQuery 3.4.1 & migrate 3.1.0.
- Update to Bootstrap 4.4.1.
- CSS cleanup - code font size was off.
- Column selector:
- Add math ignore to cells; it was documented, but not added previously. See issue #1526.
- Remove bower, gitter & add Slack.